Capture Calif

Capture California

What is a YOLT? Well, you may have heard the term YOLO. Gary and Sherri think we can live again, not as James Bond, but as being reborn. Consequently, we are having fun in our life, after all, You Only Live Twice.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Adventure 008, Hike 140 - Riche Trail


Capture California, the Game-2012
Adventure: 008-140: Riche Trail
Team: Thing One, Thing Two
Date:  September 26, 2012
Location: EBMUD


Details: This was my first time on EBMUD trails. You have to buy a hiking permit to hike this area owned by the East Bay water people, which I did the morning of this trail run. The trail map for this area is… lacking and there are a deceiving number of fire roads that a newbie could get mixed up with a trail. I had heard that EBMUD is infamous for poor trail markers so I wasn’t even concerned when at some point I had 4 trails and no signs. I just got my compass and map out and “navigated” …. Into a dead end trail into a power line. Hmmmm…. Well try try try again, I guess. After repeating this a dozen times over the course of multiple trail intersections (all while taking pictures with the flag, of course) I finally came to a dead end. At least I had a view of the San Lorenzo reservoir. At that point I decided to turn around and head back to the car, still perplexed about the trail I was following.
About 200 ft from the car is where I noticed the actual sign for the Riche trail. Oops. I guess I missed that one. So I decided to keep on going so that I could actually do the trail I originally planned on. I would say the real Riche Trail is much nicer than the fake Riche Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment